Mittwoch, August 26, 2009

But I Thouight They Were Being Nuanced...

This by cartoonist Steve Breen made me laugh.

But not for the reasons he thought: I don't think he wanted me to laugh at all.

It's a triptych, with a solid line fading to a broad gray; the first is the line between right and wrong, the last is the CIA's line between right and wrong under the Bush Administration.



Sorry. I had to laugh because wasn't it the usual litany of the liberal press that President Bush wasn't nuanced, that he just saw everything in ... black and white?

Can't have it both ways, you know. Nuanced and able to see all sides of the problem leads to moral ambiguities and difficulty in drawing the lines. Black and white means that you are not morally ambiguous and that have a clear (and probably partisan) view of the world.

Yet another example of the inconsistency and above all hypocrisy of the liberal media...and that's why I had to laugh.

Keine Kommentare: