Montag, August 24, 2009

Alternatives...

I know I won't be buying any more scotch whiskeys until someone comes up with either a profound apology to the Lockerbie victims or some people lose their jobs. Put bluntly, Pàrtaidh Nàiseanta na h-Alba, as the Scottish Nationalist Party is called in Scottish Gaelic, is nothing less than a bunch of groveling sycophantic fools who earnestly - and foolishly - believe that by groveling to the likes of Gadaffi, they can further the cause. I wonder which Swiss bank accounts changed hands in order to get a convicted terrorist released.

Humanitarian action my ass.

Here are my recommended alternatives to Scotch Whiskey. I already have a bottle of the Woodford Reserve (and a more pedestrian Jim Beam), and just got a bottle of Rittenhouse Rye to try it (heard good things about it...).

Bourbon: Woodford Reserve, Maker's Mark. You can find a longer list here.

American Rye Whiskey: Rittenhouse Rye Whiskey, Old Potrero, longer list here.

There's Canadian, Japanese and Irish whiskeys as well. Heck, there are even Austrian and Indian whiskeys. If you want a good peated whiskey alternative, try Connemara peated Irish whiskey. There are alternatives out there, folks, and this is one place where we can make a difference. The French felt it when they tried to stop the US in the UN and the sale of French wines plummeted.


But for now: no more scottish whiskeys. Zilch. None. The ones I have I will enjoy, but until the idiots in Scotland come to their senses...

Oh, and I don't think too many will be upset by boycotting haggis...

Keine Kommentare: