Dienstag, September 06, 2005

Katrina and donations...

Hi -

Busy with work etc, but that didn't stop me from donating to the Red Cross in the US. Will continue to do so at regular intervals now, it's been added to the budget.

I can't do much more than that, given where I am and the responsibilities I carry both at work and at home.

Why the Red Cross?

Because from what I've seen and heard, they are genuinely one of the least corrupt and mismanaged NGOs out there. Not the International Red Cross, but the US Red Cross.

Donate and do it again and again. Do it till it hurts: I'm sending the money I would otherwise spend on a hobby. I've given it up until I see that the recovery is under way and that people are back up on their feet: I think it'll probably take at least one year.

John

Keine Kommentare: