Mittwoch, Oktober 15, 2008

Common Sense From Joe ...

We've seen now how Obama wants to "spread the wealth" (as if it isn't being spread already...). He was directly asked by a plumber about his tax plans, and was basically told that Obama wants to take his "wealth".

Well, meet the guy here.

His name is Joe Wurzelbacher, and he's a plumber.

These are the key things he's said:

Initially, I started off asking him if he believed in the American Dream and he said yes, he does – and then I proceeded to ask him then why he's penalizing me for trying to fulfill it.
...

See, I believe in working for what I get. I don't want to say it's a handout, but essentially that's what it comes down to. You're going to tax someone else more that's been working hard to fulfill the American Dream and you're gonna give it to other people who – I'm not saying they don't work as hard, but I'm sure some of them don't – and I don't think it's right just to give it to them or reduce taxes on their part and hike it up on my part like a teeter totter to bring it back even.
...
He doesn't want to "punish" me, but – when you use the word "but," you pretty much negate everything you just said prior to that. So he does want to punish me, he does want to punish me for working harder to – you know, my big thing is the American Dream. I work hard. You know, I was poor; my mom raised me and my brother by herself for a very long time until my dad came along. So I know what it's like to suffer. It's not like I was born with a silver spoon. Usually it was a wooden spoon and it was on my butt. It was just a contradiction of terms, what he said: he doesn't want to punish me but he wants to redistribute my wealth. And what I mean when I say my wealth, I mean the collective. Eventually – I mean, just to sound a little silly here, but you need rich people. I mean, who are you going to work for?    
...

You start giving people stuff, and then they start expecting it – and that scares me. A lot of people expect it now. They get upset when their check's late, they get upset when they don't get as many benefits as they used to, or when different government agencies are cut or spending is cut here and there for whatever reason – people get upset at that. And that's because they're used to getting it and they want more. I mean, everyone's always gonna want more. People work the system left and right to get more out of welfare, to get more out of state assistance, federal assistance. And if government's there for them, they're gonna keep on trying to manipulate it to get more out of it. You got people that come along and say, "Hey, I wanna help you people," I mean, they're all ears! They're like, "Hey, you can help me more, I don't have to work as hard, I don't have to do as much, and you're gonna give me this? Man, that's great, you're a good guy."
...
His healthcare plan scares me. You know, I don't like people going without healthcare, but it's not my job to pay for everyone else's healthcare. It's hard enough paying for my own.
...
You spend more, you gotta get it from somewhere. I don't think he's gonna cut any of the government down, in fact I think he wants to make it bigger. And eventually, you get it too big, it's gonna topple. In essence, I suppose I do agree for a little bit, but I just don't know enough as far as the grand scheme like that.
...
Me personally, my American Dream was to have a house, a dog, a couple rifles, a bass boat. I believe in living life easy and simple. I don't have grand designs. I don't want much. I just wanna be able to take care of my family and do things with them outdoors and that's about it, really. I don't have a "grand scheme" thing. My American Dream is just more personal to me as far as working, making a good living and being able to provide for my family, college for my son. Things like that – simple things in life, that's really what it comes down to for me. That's my dream.
...

There's a lot of things I wish McCain would say. As far as this, yes, I would like him to speak. Not so much about small businesses, but just people in general that make this money. It's not up to them to help America, I mean – let me rephrase that. It's not – they shouldn't be taxed more because they've succeeded. That's envy and jealousy. Get off your butt and go work. Don't sit there and expect the government to give it to you. So I wouldn't mind him speaking on it like that. I know he couldn't say it probably like that because that'd turn a lot of people off. But it just – yeah, I guess I would like him to speak about that and a bunch of other things. I'd like to hear him talk about immigration and what he plans on doing about that and with our borders. I mean, there's a lot of things that haven't even been addressed in the last two debates.


Words of wisdom and one heck of a lot of common sense from a plumber in Ohio. Were that more people understood this.

This is the common sense that has helped the US be so productive and successful over the last 200+ years.

The elitists of our country think that a plumber should be seen and not heard. I say that we need to hear from more plumbers. And electricians. And carpenters. And and and...

The elitists of our country think that this man should pay for his success. I say that such thinking is so completely contradictory to the American lifestyle that it deserves nothing but contempt and rejection.

The elitists of our country think that it is his job to pay for everyone else. I say that the elitists of our country deserve to be howling in the wilderness for the next 100 years at the very least.

This is the success story of America: hard work, long hours, owning your own business, hiring folks to help you, modest rewards and the simple life.

For the elitists this is a caricature of what is wrong with America.

I say that it is the backbone of America, and that it is the immigrant's dream. Nothing more, but also nothing less.

Keine Kommentare: